Senate in session
House in session
What’s Happening Today:
- Convenes for session at 10:30AM
- Committee on Armed Services: Subcommittee on Personnel, to hold hearings to examine Department of Defense programs and policies to support military families with special needs in review of the Defense Authorization request for fiscal year 2013 and the Future Years Defense Program, 2:30 p.m
- Convenes for session at 9AM
- Committee on Small Business, Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations, hearing entitled "Small Business Lending: Perspectives from the Private Sector'', 10 a.m.
- Committee on Veterans' Affairs, Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity, hearing on the following measures: H.R. 4115, the "Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2012''; H.R. 4740, the "Fairness for Military Homeowners Act of 2012''; H.R. 3860, the "Help Veterans Return to Work Act''; and H.R. 5747, the "Military Family Home Protection Act'', 10 a.m.
- House Rules Committee considers rules for draft FY2013 Transportation-HUD and Agriculture appropriations measures. 11 a.m
What Happened Yesterday:
- Nothing relevant to small business
- Committee on Financial Services: Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises held a hearing entitled ``Market Structure: Ensuring Orderly, Efficient, Innovative and Competitive Markets for Issuers and Investors''. Testimony was heard from public witnesses
- Committee on Appropriations: Full Committee held a markup of Financial Services Appropriations Bill, FY 2013. The bill was ordered reported, as amended. (Martin attended)
Bills to Watch:
- S.3281 : A bill to terminate the Federal authorization of the National Veterans Business Development Corporation.
Sponsor: Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
Cosponsors: Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK), Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)
- S.3277: A bill to encourage exporting by small business concerns
Sponsor: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
Cosponsors: Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)