Caryn Boisen, a partner with Larson • King, focuses her practice in the areas of construction, products liability, commercial litigation, and business litigation. She provides advice to clients regarding business planning and avoiding disputes. She also has significant experience in all aspects of defensive and offensive litigation including jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, and mediations.
Caryn represents clients in a wide variety of matters, including contract drafting and negotiation, administrative and governmental proceedings, and complex civil litigated disputes venued throughout the United States. Her clients operate in diverse industries, including construction, insurance, energy, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, and financial services. In the construction area, Caryn represents contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, owners, and design professionals in matters involving both residential and commercial projects. She has extensive experience in mechanics' liens, bond claims, construction contracts, construction defects, jobsite accidents, OSHA, and arbitration. In the products liability area, Caryn represents manufacturers and distributors of a wide variety of products, including agricultural and construction products and equipment, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, natural gas and electricity, and personal protective equipment. Caryn has served as national coordinating counsel and national settlement counsel in nationwide mass tort products liability litigation for a Fortune 100 manufacturing company. She also represents major property and liability insurers on a broad range of matters, including construction, environmental, and claim handling issues.
Caryn volunteers for the Tubman – Chrysalis Center’s Safety Project, where she provides pro bono legal representation to low income domestic violence victims who are seeking Orders for Protection. She serves as a mentor to law students through a local law school’s formal mentoring program. Caryn also has served and continues to serve on several trade association, non-profit, and for-profit advisory boards.
Caryn grew up in the Twin Cities area. She enjoys downhill skiing, watching sports, and gardening. She is an avid traveler, having been to 45 of the 50 United States, 25 countries, and 4 continents. Caryn works in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Hamline University School of Law, magna cum laude, 1997
- Arnold Lyons Award for Highest Academic Performance
- Editor-in-Chief, Hamline Law Review
- Civil Rights Moot Court
University of St. Thomas, magna cum laude, 1994
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Ramsey County Bar Association – Board of Directors for 2013–2017; CLE Oversight Committee, Co-Chair for 2011–2014; Bench & Bar Benefit Co-Chair for 2013
- Women Construction Owners and Executives – Board of Directors, President for 2015–2017, President-Elect for 2013–2015, National Associate Director-at-Large for 2006–2009 and 2011–2013, Secretary for 2009–2011
- American Arbitration Association's National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee
- Association of Women Contractors of Minnesota – Education Committee, Co-Chair for 2013–2017
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellows Program for 2013–2014, Program Development Committee for 2015–2017, Advisory Group Committee, Co-Chair for 2016–2017
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, Board of Directors for 2013–2018, Membership Committee, Co-Chair for 2016–2017
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- YouthCARE Advisory Board