Danette Beck joined Marsh in August 2010 and is the West Zone Construction Practice Leader, located in the Los Angeles, CA office. In this role, she is responsible for developing, managing and delivering construction risk management services to contractors, architects, engineers, project owners and developers throughout the West Zone. Danette works in coordination with Marsh service teams and the Global Construction Practice to find solutions to a variety of Marsh construction clients. Her experience with construction projects and contractor businesses include the design of traditional and alternative and/or integrated risk management programs and consolidated insurance programs.
Prior to joining Marsh in 2010, Danette was a senior vice president at a large global broker for 14 years, where her most recent responsibilities included broking all consolidated insurance programs (OCIPs and CCIPs) for the West, managing a book of construction and real estate business, and being the West Coast representative of their public private partnership (P3) taskforce.
She has consulted on insurance programs for over $50 billion of project values on over 40 large projects over the past 22 years including international projects. Danette has also worked with contractors and engineering firms to design, implement, and manage their insurance programs.
- BBA, Risk Management and Insurance from University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Construction Risk Insurance Specialist (CRIS)
- Board Member, University of Georgia Terry College of Business Alumni Board
- First Vice President, Executive Committee Board Member, Los Angeles Blind Children’s Center
- Board of Director Member, Women’s Construction Owners and Executives (WCOE)
- Director, Extension Development, Delta Gamma Fraternity